Microsoft is going through a branding process for it’s Office 365 suite starting with the small to medium businesses (known as SMBs); with others on the way.
The branding change is designed around trying to highlight that Microsoft Office 365 is not just about Word, Excel etc; but other online services like Planner and the new AI integrations of the platform.
As part of this re-brand Microsoft is linking Microsoft Office 365 with Microsoft 365 which is already an existing suite of subscriptions.
When Will This Happen?
Microsoft announced on the 30th of March that as of the 21st of April the new names will take effect.
As a user of Office 365 you will not need to do anything, just you will notice the new name(s) when using your services.
Are There Any Pricing of Feature Changes?
Officials at Microsoft say there will be no changes to the subscriptions in the way of features; and the prices will also not be effected.
So what Are the Changes?
Below is a list of name changes
- Office 365 Business Essentials will be Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Office 365 Business Premium will be Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Microsoft 365 Business will be Microsoft 365 Business Premium
- Office 365 Business will be Microsoft 365 Apps for Business
- Office 365 Pro Plus will be Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise
There are currently no changes announced for the Enterprise E suite or some of the more specialist suites like Education.
But the personal/home range as the following changes
- Office 365 Home will be Microsoft 365 Family
- Office 365 Personal will be Microsoft 365 Personal